Serving up two domains

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Wed Jun 12 04:24:12 UTC 2013

Jason,

What you're saying here doesn't make sense, so some more details are
needed.

On 06/11/2013 08:54 PM, Jason Hellenthal wrote:

> I have a domain or two that I'm serving up and have traffic from some
> mobile devices and a few pieces of software that also try to resolve to
> the hostname.tld instead of what normally would be expected to be
> hostname.domain.tld.

Is what you wrote above what you meant to write? If so that's very
surprising. Can you give some more details? Are these private zones, or
are you seeing this traffic from the Internet? Is there a search list
involved? If so, and tld is listed before domain.tld that would make
sense, and it should be fixed there.

> Not really concerned with why but rather would just like to allow them
> to resolve to the same address as the .domain.tld.

If you really are seeing traffic trying to resolve hostname.tld, you
probably need to fix the root problem rather than trying to support the
bad behavior.

hth,

Doug