Serving up two domains

Jason Hellenthal jhellenthal at dataix.net
Wed Jun 12 04:58:50 UTC 2013

Hey thanks for replying Doug.

Sorry for the top post.. iPhone.

Anyway yes these are private or internal zones.

Software is more so the root cause but attempts to resolve to hostname.tld from a device that's managed from domain.tld where you'd expect to see it asking for hostname.domain.tld instead.

Seems all apple related traffic and services where I've seen an answer for this once before but don't recall it.

I see the requests come by through a monitor port of the network with wireshark where it asks for the above and never attempts to resolve another internal FQDN.

TMK it's multicast group traffic to 224.0.0/24 from apple devices or similar that I'm just uninterested in filling those out correctly ATM and would rather just point the back to the actuall IP of the devices it's asking for until I fill in the gap at a later time.

The search list the DHCP clients get are that of the internal domain itself.
Like: search domain.tld

--
 Jason Hellenthal
 Inbox: jhellenthal at DataIX.net