Health Check feature in BIND ?

Mike Hoskins (michoski) michoski at cisco.com
Mon Jun 17 19:11:20 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----

From: "<Lawrence K. Chen>", "P.Eng." <lkchen at ksu.edu>
Date: Monday, June 17, 2013 2:55 PM
To: Gaurav Kansal <gaurav.kansal at nic.in>
Cc: "bind-users at lists.isc.org" <bind-users at lists.isc.org>
Subject: Re: Health Check feature in BIND ?

For DNS/MX yes, but I didn't read that as a limitation of the original
request (e.g. how would you do the same auto-redirect with web or other
server types -- round robin alone can be particularly problematic).

You could certainly handle the more generic case with commercial
appliances, or a bit of tinkering on a budget.