Having trouble setting up BIND 9.9.2-P2 on Win XP PRO SP3, won't start

Joanne Homier joanne.homier at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 03:30:43 UTC 2013

I installed bind using the default settings in the
installer.  I successfully generated a rndc.key file.  I
needed to populate the etc folder, so I downloaded the
Ubuntu version of bind and extracted the contents of /etc
and put them in Windows version of etc.  I went through
the files one by one and replaced Linux paths with Windows
paths.  So bind starts then immediately quits.  The error
report is below.  I have included my config files.  I am
using bind only as a recursive revolver as my ISP DNS
servers are super slow and they do DNS hijacking.  I don't
want to use any other DNS server other than the one
running on my machine.  I want to run my own DNS server
for fun.  So what could be wrong, what did I miss.

Event Type:    Error
Event Source:    Service Control Manager
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    7022