MAcOS X 10.9 upgrade removes BIND

Michael Sinatra michael at rancid.berkeley.edu
Fri Oct 25 22:53:51 UTC 2013

On 10/25/13 1:33 PM, Carsten Strotmann wrote:
> Hello Eduardo,
>
> thanks for confirming that MacOS X removed BIND.
>
> Our new BIND installers for MacOS X 10.9 are now available at
> <http://support.menandmice.com/download/bind/macosx/10.9-Mavericks/>
>
> I've build BIND 9.9.4 (with and without RRL) and BIND 9.8.6. If anyone
> need 9.6-ESV let me know.
>
> Please report any issues with this installers to me.

Thanks to Carsten and Men and Mice for doing this.

I usually maintain the latest BIND on my Mac using MacPorts.  It looks
like you can still do that on Mavericks, but there some work
(http://www.ghostwheel.com/merlin/Personal/notes/2013/10/05/macports-on-mavericks/)
you have to do--MacPorts doesn't currently support Mavericks out of the
box.  The good news is that it looks like you can still download a
supported version of xcode for Mavericks.

michael