Bind 9.9.5-S1 Cross Compile help

Marty Lee marty at maui-systems.co.uk
Thu Apr 3 17:05:33 UTC 2014

Leave the —-prefix option to point to where you want it to finally be positioned
(i.e. —-prefix=/usr/local or probably just leave it out for /usr/local)

Then when you do your ‘make install’, pass in a ‘DESTDIR’ to prefix the install
location:

make install DESTDIR=/tmp/BUILDdir

and you should find that under /tmp/BUILDdir is the set of files & dirs that you
need to package, and that the actual binaries have the right default locations
within them.

HTHS (and this works for the vast majority of GNU/Linux/OSS code)

cheers

marty