Logs problem with Bind 9.9.4

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Aug 2 17:55:43 UTC 2014

jesus christ learn to use mailing-lists, stop to reply
in private and strip your qutes

Am 02.08.2014 um 10:29 schrieb ahmed salim:
> On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net <mailto:h.reindl at thelounge.net>> wrote:
>
>     why do you reply off-list, in HTML and top-posting?
>
>     Am 02.08.2014 um 08:09 schrieb ahmed salim:
>     > the logging is (syslog)
>
>     so you can filter in rsyslog.conf
>     https://www.google.at/search?q=rsyslog+filter+messages
>
>     > now your configuration block is working
>
>     fine
>
>     > I'm just wondering how to disable IPv6 logs???
>
>     what about show us what you are talking about?
>     nobody but you knows what you see on your screen
>
>     http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#beprecise
>
>     > I tried is to disable it by editing "/etc/sysconfig/named" and make (OPTIONS="-4")
>     > but I still getting them in my logs
>     >
>     > thank you for your help

stripped full quote

> OK, sorry for not being precise
>
> the IPv6 logs is some thing like this:
>       error (network unreachable) resolving 'videolan.org/DS/IN <http://videolan.org/DS/IN>': 2001:500:b::1#53
>       error (network unreachable) resolving 'px.owneriq.net/A/IN <http://px.owneriq.net/A/IN>': 2600:1401:2::1#53
>
> is there any solution to stop these logs ???

if you don't have working ipv6 just disable the stack

/etc/sysctl.conf:
net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1
net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6=1

after reboot you should no longer have ipv6 link local addresses
and so BIND realizes at startup that ipv6 is not supported