Metazones or Something Else?

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Tue Aug 5 23:35:00 UTC 2014

Personally I'd like to extend UPDATE

	allow-addzone { acl; };
	allow-delzone { acl; };
e.g.
	nsupdate
	new zone
	server addresss [port]
	key name:secret
	[masters <list>]
	[allow-query <acl>]
	[allow-transfer <acl>]
	[allow-update <acl>]
	[conf text]
	[zone data for master]
	send

	nsupdate
	del zone
	key name:secret
	send

Where "new" is a EDNS options which optionally has master addresses / names
allow-query is a EDNS acl option of subtype query [default any; if missing]
allow-transfer is a EDNS acl option of subtype transfer [default any; if missing]
allow-update is a EDNS acl option of subtype update [default none; if missing]
conf is a EDNS which contains other configuration data for a zone

Mark