Metazones or Something Else?

Brian Cuttler brian at wadsworth.org
Wed Aug 6 13:18:57 UTC 2014

Mark,

That looks like a nice format for it.

I'd still like to see named.conf mark some zones as
uneditable via rdnc, just in case I want to allow a
peer institution to add/remove zone where I'm the
secondary, I want some mechanism to prevent them from
accidently deleting zones I'm actually the master of.

Perhaps as 'simple' as having different zones fall under
different management keys? Is that possible? My zones
protected by a differnt management key then the zones that
my colleges use?

Albany.edu may provide DNS secondary for RPI.edu, but they
certainly don't want RPI to edit the wrong zones file.