static hosts in bind

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Feb 11 16:16:55 UTC 2014

On 11.02.14 16:59, Göran Höglund wrote:
>Is there any way to define a hostname and its static IP address in a
>caching setup?
>I would like to let bind answer queries about a small amount of hosts
>even if there is no Internet connection available.

You can simply define locally managed DNS zone. This is standard in many
cases that the caching DNS has a few local zones.

Note that means the complete zone - you can not expect hosts not found
locally in the same zone to be searched outside of your server.
If you need someething similar, you can configure slave zone for your
domain(s) so you'll have all data for those zones available locally.
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin, 1759