Trouble building bind with Openssl support

Olsen, Richard William (Rick) CTR DISA PEO-MA (US) richard.w.olsen.ctr at mail.mil
Tue Feb 11 16:35:05 UTC 2014

We have been trying to build bind using with-openssl=PATH and not have it require the full openssl install on the destination system. We had this setup and running when we were building on solaris 9 using bind-9.9.2 up through bind-9.9.4-P2. Now we are building on a Solaris 10 system (remote system finally upgraded) with bind-9.9.4-S3 and though it builds fine it errors on startup missing openssl libraries/files.

Error:260B6084:engine routines:DYNAMIC_LOAD:dso not found:eng_dyn.c:449
Error:2606A074:engine routines:ENGINE_by_id:co such engine:eng_list.c:417:id=gost

Bind is trying to go to the location that was referenced in the configuration part of the build as referenced --with-openssl=. I used gcc on the solaris 9 system but now we are going through sun studio cc for the build.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I expect it is something fairly simple I am overlooking.

Rick.