Error logs in bind resolving

Gaurav Kansal gaurav.kansal at nic.in
Wed Jan 1 07:25:33 UTC 2014

Thanks Chris for your useful comments.

On Dec 30, 2013, at 9:46 PM, Gaurav Kansal <gaurav.kansal at nic.in> wrote:

I am getting the error message for lot of domains.

Log of error entries are attached.

All the ones I checked were caused by broken implementations.

Is this a broken implementation of IPv6 or something else. As this DNS
Server is running IPv6 only.

Is it possible to configure bind so that error message should not be
generated in logs file.

They're logged as errors. I'm not sure I'd want to suppress these errors.
Maybe your log service can be configured to filter them out more
specifically than what can be done with named's own logging capability.

Ok. will try to play around with logging options.

Thanks for your help and happy new year. J

Regards,

Gaurav Kansal