RPZ help on BIND

babu dheen babudheen at yahoo.co.in
Sat Jan 4 15:13:57 UTC 2014

Dear Martin,
I really appreciate your response on my query. Actually i would like to implement RPZ in my BIND caching DNS server. I sent email to Spamhaus to add my DNS server for RPZ lookup in Spamhaus database and got a response from Spamhaus that i need to use 199.168.90.51; 199.168.90.52; 199.168.90.53 IP address for RPZ lookup.
So i need to implement RPZ configuration in my BIDN DNS server with below configuration. Since i am not well familiar with BIND, i am expecting help from BIND forum. Below is the configuration file which i need to add /etc/named.conf file.
zone "rpz.spamhaus.org" {
  type slave;
  file "dbx.rpz.spamhaus.org";
   masters { 199.168.90.51; 199.168.90.52; 199.168.90.53; };
  allow-transfer { none; };
   allow-query { none; };
};

 But i want to direct malware domain lookup to one IP address (for example 10.0.0.1). So would like to know how to create a location zone file to create customized IP address for malware domain?
Need your valuable help on my query.

Regards
 Babu

On Thursday, 2 January 2014 2:03 PM, Steven Carr <sjcarr at gmail.com> wrote:

On 2 January 2014 10:47, babu dheen <babudheen at yahoo.co.in> wrote:

>  Kindly help me on my requirement.

What exactly are you wanting to do? There is lots of information on
the Internet already about implementing RPZ (Google is your friend)
and configuration examples in the BIND9.9 ARM (chapter 6.2.16.20).

If you can show us what you have implemented so far and what is/isn't
working then we can see if we can assist you with the configuration,
but we can't just tell you the exact configuration that you need for
your own particular setup.

Steve