Disable DNSSEC

Bill Owens owens at nysernet.org
Tue Jan 7 16:45:48 UTC 2014

On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 04:34:27PM +0000, Eric Davis wrote:
> Duh...silly mistake...I did a DIG on the NS record..Once  the DS record is removed DNS queries should work fine right? Thanks Bill.

Once the DS record is removed from the .edu zone, queriers won't expect your zone to be signed any more. At that point, you can leave it signed or remove the signatures, and it won't make any difference. You just need to wait at least 24 hours from the time the record disappears from the .edu zone.

Bill.