When Updates Fail

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Tue Jan 7 22:05:10 UTC 2014

	Is there any way to tell what is actually being sent to
bind when attempting a dynamic update?

	I have a perl script which is obviously broken because
every forward update it tries to send fails.

07-Jan-2014 15:38:09.458 client 192.168.1.5#17352: request has invalid signature: TSIG ns: tsig verify failure (BADKEY)

	The key is actually one we use all the time for
nsupdates and they are still working fine. For all I know, I am
sending a null string due to a typo I haven't noticed yet but
the zone name and key look okay when single-stepping through the
script. Heaven only knows what is actually being received by
bind. Is there any way to narrow down wht part of the request is
broken/missing?

Thank you.

Martin McCormick