Sites that points their A Record to localhost

Eduardo Bonsi beartcom at pacbell.net
Fri Jan 10 21:33:53 UTC 2014

Thanks everyone for the input on this matter!

Dave Warren said:
>...And less A records if they don't intend to do anything but email. But
>it's an imperfect world.

No doubt it is! Like I said, it is not a big deal! Is not that people are able to re-route anything. That just happens because my resolver is pointed to the internal localhost first. No one in the internet can see my website pointed to his localhost and resolve to his domain. I can see that because when I log to his domain, it goes to my internal resolver and appears that I am logged to his domain and after that I am starting to see my website being served from there.

I know how it is happening and my concern was if that could generate any technical or security problems on my site.

Eduardo

--
Eduardo Bonsi
System Admin