rndc addzone gets permission denied

Phil Mayers p.mayers at imperial.ac.uk
Sun Jan 12 13:32:11 UTC 2014

On 12/01/14 12:17, Georgy Goshin wrote:
> Selinux disabled, /var/named/slave is 770 and owned by named. Is there a

It should go without saying that wholesale disabling of SELinux, if your
distro enables it by default, is unwise. If you must, set the specific
daemon to disabled.

We run with SELinux enabled and have no real difficulty.

> way to get any debug output to see which permission is denied?

"named -g"

However, this might not replicate the precise environment in which the
real named is running, so be cautious about interpreting the results.
And don't forget any other command line arguments you need.