specifics of downgrading from rpz2 (3rd party patch) -> rpz1 (in Bind release) ?

pgndev pgnet.dev at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 17:53:42 UTC 2014

> IIRC there's no syntax/feature difference.

Quickly attempting to use the existing, same named config that I've
been using with 9.9.4-rpz2+rl.13269.14 with a new build of 9.9.4-P2
release, 9.9.4-P2 refuses to boot.  I've not (yet) gotten any farther
than that ...

... shouldn't be tough to figure out.  but, SOMETHING is different/incompatible

> ... performance enhancements ...

right, which is why we 'all' switched in the 1st place

> the lack of RPZ2 is keeping us on older bind 9.9 releases for the moment

we'd done the same thru the entire 9.9.4-P1 cycle.

with the P2 cycle, supported/up-to-date bind9 is more important to us.
 especially given the radio silence re: 3rd party patch dev.  if/when
rpz2 appears in bind9-releases, we'll (re)emjoy its benefits.  ymmv.