Sites that points their A Record to localhost

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at tux.org
Wed Jan 15 05:55:51 UTC 2014

On 2014-01-14 09:56, Chris Thompson as IP Register wrote:
> 199.101.28.20 seems to be search.dnsassist.verizon.net. Are you
> sure that the nameservers you are using aren't doing "friendly"
> rewriting of NXDOMAIN responses for you?

Ack.  Good thing you can't see how embarrassed I'm blushing.  That's
exactly right.  At some point my ISP router/switch had to be reset to
clear some major malfeasance and I never went back into it and
"corrected" its default DNS servers again.

Derned lying cheating scoundrel of a network device.

The shamed Joseph Yao