Can we do a sub-domain delegation with godaddy?

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Wed Jan 15 20:22:15 UTC 2014

>I mean I have example.com hosted with Go Daddy while I need sub-domain
>ftp.example.com to be delegated to my internal BIND server.
>
>Does any one know how do I do it in Go Daddy?

The easiest approach in the long run is to move the DNS for the whole
domain to your own DNS servers.  Large cheap hosting services like
Godaddy do not deal well with exceptions.  Pointing the 2LD at your
servers is normal, delegating a subdomain is an exception.

If you have web or other hosting there, you can still point the DNS
records back at them as needed.

R's,
John