RPZ Whitelist

bind9 at m.ubaumann.ch bind9 at m.ubaumann.ch
Mon Jan 20 13:29:09 UTC 2014

Hello,

We can't get working whitelist with rpz.
On a Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS Server we have bind9 9.8.1-P1 and some rpz with
'policy CNAME xxx.xxx.xx' working fine. Now we have a whitelist with 'policy
No-Op' but the whitelist will be ignored.

Configs:
Response-policy {
	zone "whitelist.rpz" policy NO-OP;
      .
};
.
zone "whitelist.rpz" {
	type master;
	file "/etc/bind/whitelist.rpz";
};

We have tested the same Config with passthru policy (instead of No-Op) on
bind9 9.9.4, because we read that 9.8.1 could have issues with the No-Op
policy.
The new version of bind and the new policy don't work either.

Is this still an issue or has anybody been able to run a
whitelist-configuration?

All the best an thanks for your answers.