classless ptr setup

johnh at primebuchholz.com johnh at primebuchholz.com
Mon Jan 20 19:30:29 UTC 2014

Let us know how that goes - never tried it, but it seems like it would
work - it's just going to trigger a lookup to itself for the other zone
I'd say.

-John

From:   Jim Pazarena <bind at paz.bz>
To:     bind-users at lists.isc.org
Date:   01/20/2014 02:21 PM
Subject:        Re: classless ptr setup
Sent by:        bind-users-bounces+johnh=primebuchholz.com at lists.isc.org

Thank you for this. I am familiar with the setup; I suppose that my
question was unclear.

Can the SAME named.conf handle BOTH the /24 cname assignments AND
the /25 in-addr.arpa records.

Which sounds like a dumb question, but I thought named may not like it.
But I'll set it up and see if named complains (if at all).

Thanks again.

it at primebuchholz.com.