Non-responsive name servers when started during boot on OS X Mavericks 10.9

Larry Stone lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
Sat Jan 25 14:29:04 UTC 2014

Looking at the BIND code at opensource.apple.com. I can have found some (but probably not all) of the changes Apple makes. But I’m not a C programmer so trying to make the same changes to what ISC distributes is probably beyond me. Nor is it probably worth the effort. The startup delay script works and boot are few and far between. What’s another 30 seconds when you’re rebooting a SOHO server with a number of users you can count on one hand?

--
Larry Stone
lstone19 at stonejongleux.com
http://www.stonejongleux.com/