A record of domain name must be name server ?

Thomas Schulz schulz at adi.com
Wed Sep 10 14:05:35 UTC 2014

> Hi,
>
> xxx.com and IP address 192.168.1.100 is just a example domain name and IP
> address. Our boss want everybody access our domain example.com through
> browser, then it will redirect to our web site www.example.com. So I want
> to get more information about unexpected impact when we changed DNS records.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Best Regards,
> Pete Fong

Here is how I have things set up here. Our domain is adi.com. We have
three name servers set up. Our web site can be accessed as both
www.adi.com and adi.com. Here is what I have on our zone file:

@               in      ns      bluegill.adi.com.
                in      ns      a.dns.tds.net.
                in      ns      seahorse.adi.com.

bluegill        in      A       75.100.245.131
seahorse        in      A       75.100.245.134
www             in      A       75.100.245.133
@               in      A       75.100.245.133

@               in      mx      0   mackerel.adi.com.
                in      mx      10  seahorse.adi.com.
                in      mx      20  bluegill.adi.com.

Note that address 75.100.245.133 is entered twice.
The mx records are to get email to work correctly.

Tom Schulz
Applied Dynamics Intl.
schulz at adi.com