A record of domain name must be name server ?

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Wed Sep 10 21:37:33 UTC 2014

On 9/10/2014 5:20 PM, Alan Clegg wrote:
> On 9/10/14, 2:13 PM, Kevin Darcy wrote:

>>> And now you have an MX record, 3 NS records and a bunch of other crap
>>> associated with the WWW address.
>> And why is that a _bad_ thing?
> (Personal preferences, of course)
>
> Answered before asked.

Well, I was asking about your _particular_ preference, which seemed
rather clear from your use of the word "crap". Why does it matter (in
_your_ opinion) if the target of the "www" CNAME owns records of more
types than just A and/or AAAA?

Also, have you considered the forward/reverse ambiguity that arises when
multiple owner names resolve to the same address? To which of those
names does the PTR point?