Two domains reporting errors

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Thu Sep 25 23:49:37 UTC 2014

On 10 Sep 2014, at 04:55 , /dev/rob0 <rob0 at gmx.co.uk> wrote:
> "@" refers to the current $ORIGIN.  When a zone file is initially
> loaded, $ORIGIN is implicitly set to the name of the zone.  But you
> changed that, it's now the root!  So "@" here means ".", and no, a
> zone file with "@" is not the same as a zone file with an explicit
> owner name for the SOA.

> $TTL 1d
> @		IN	SOA	ns hostmaster ( ...
> @		IN	NS	ns
> @		IN	NS	ns1
> @		IN	NS	ns2
> @		IN	MX	0 mail
> mail		IN	A	192.0.2.25
> ns		IN	A	192.0.2.53
> ns1		IN	A	192.0.2.35
> ns2		IN	A	192.0.2.36
>
> Note that there are only relative names in my example.  This could
> load as any zone name.  You might want to use some fully-qualified
> names on the RHS, such as "root.covisp.net." as the SOA RNAME.

Wait a second, so the zone name comes from the named.conf?

I could have, for all my hosted domains, a single file named something like hosted.conf and then simply link to it with `ln hosted.conf dw.tld` or ln -s, perhaps?

Also, the SOA line contains ns?

--
'Yes, but humans are more important than animals,' said Brutha. 'This
is a point of view often expressed by humans,' said Om. (Small Gods)