bind-users Digest, Vol 2083, Issue 1

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Tue Apr 7 07:07:51 UTC 2015

On 06.04.15 15:19, Noel Butler wrote:
>you need an allow-query and ACL, eg:

No. Don't play with allow-query if it is supposed to be authoritative for
any zones (unless those zones are internal).

If the server is supposed to host any zones visible from the net,
allow-query would make them invisible.

he should set up 'recursion yes;' and put his hosts to 'allow-recursion'
statement, if he needs so. However, the housing provider will apparently
provide recursive DNS service.

>On 06/04/2015 01:52, STEPHEN EYRE wrote:
>
>> The aim is to make it authoritive as well as hosting my web sites.
>>
>> Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android [1]
>>
>> When I change my /etc/bind/named.conf.local file from 'recursion no;' to
>> 'recursion yes;' I get an inverse of the above. I get full replies from
>> all my dig enquiries but I get an open recursive warning - which I
>> obviously dont want.

"Where do you want to go to die?" [Microsoft]