Did anyone try to extract query-rate etc using xml-stats?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Dec 14 11:04:24 UTC 2015

blrmaani <blrmaani at gmail.com> wrote:

> Latest version of BIND supports BIND stats via http i.e we can do this
> (assuming appropriate configs already done in named.conf for this to
> work):
>
> curl <dns-server-ip>:<http-port>   >  bind-stats.xml
>
> What other tools are available to read this XML file and extract stats?

I generally prefer to use the json version, e.g.
http://fanf.livejournal.com/134571.html

See also the recent discussion on this list:
https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/bind-users/2015-November/095977.html

Tony.
Fitzroy, Sole: South 6 to gale 8, occasionally severe gale 9 at first, backing
southeast 5 or 6 later in Sole. Rough or very rough, occasionally high until
later. Occasional rain. Good, occasionally poor.