Reciving Timeout from DNS Server for a zone file Not present in named.conf.

Bob McDonald bmcdonaldjr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 00:20:30 UTC 2015

1) status REFUSED - server with recursion turned off. with or without
+norecurse on the dig command.
2) status NXDOMAIN - server with recursion turned on with or without
+norecurse on the dig command (and access to the internet in my case)
3) status may be NOERROR depending on if a forwarder can resolve that zone.

I'm on ubuntu with bind 9.9.5 (current level of bind9  from ubuntu 14.04.02
LTS)

4) Forgive my being a bit naive but isn't it e164.arpa. instead of e164.ld.
?  l don't recall ld being a valid TLD. (That might affect your response)
5) YMMV with other Linux distros or other unixes because of differing bind
versions (but probably not)

Regards,

Bob