REQUIRE(rdataset->rdclass == db->rdclass) failed

Maria Iano bind-lists at iano.org
Thu Jul 30 19:56:09 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 05:56:31PM +0000, Evan Hunt wrote:

> On the one hand: No, this is a bug, and I'd appreciate it if you'd
> bundle up your named.conf (with key secrets stripped out; you can use
> named-checkconf -px to do this automatically) and the details of the query
> you sent to bind9-bugs at isc.org.
>
> On the other hand: I don't see why you'd want to share a cache between two
> views if only one of them has access to the internal TLD.

I submitted the bug report and it's ISC-Bugs #40205. I only have one
view for "in"; the reason I am using views is to make chaos bind queries
work for specific client IPs only. I don't want to waste a bunch of
memory doing that if I don't have to - so I put in the shared cache
option. Taking it out means I have to go back and do my sums again to
work out what max cache sizes and number of clients to specify.

Thanks,
Maria