Installing bind is not very clear for me

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Sat Sep 5 02:19:04 UTC 2015

In message <65a8901490745bf21a8ec6c58b161258 at ausics.net>, Noel Butler writes:

> and use modern version of bind and RRL.

Definitely use a modern version of BIND.  I don't know how often
we get bug reports against stuffed we fixed years ago even from our
support customers.  If you are on a Linux box use source rpms to
stay up to date.  Bug fixes are backported to all supported versions.

The best thing you can do security wise is to keep your software
up to date.  We ship multiple versions so you don't have lots of
feature creep to deal with when you install a maintainence release.
We fix more bugs than we introduce.

Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC