Comments on Root Key Rollover impact on BIND users

Thomas Schulz schulz at adi.com
Mon Dec 12 16:17:19 UTC 2016

> https://www.isc.org/blogs/2017-root-key-rollover-what-does-it-mean-for-bin
> d-users/
>
> Towards the end of the blog, there is a short list of possible corner
> cases that could trip people up during the rollover.  If
> you folks can think of others, please do share them.

I found a case where the documentation is not clear (at least to me).

I found that I had 'dnssec-enable yes' along with a managed-keys
statement with an initial-key. If I change to 'dnssec-enable auto'
do I still need a managed-keys statement? If not will it hurt to have
one? Can I have a managed-keys statement without an initial-key?

Tom Schulz
Applied Dynamics Intl.
schulz at adi.com