Bind9 on VMWare

Philippe Maechler pmaechler-ml at glattnet.ch
Wed Jan 13 14:02:47 UTC 2016

>> I'm not sure if it is a good thing to have physical serves, although we
have
>> a vmware cluster in both nodes which has enough capacity (ram, cpu,
disk)?
>> I once read that the vmware boxes have a performance issue with heavy udp
>> based services. Did anyone of you face such an issue? Are your dns
servers
>> all running on physical or virtual boxes?
>
> where did you read that?

I don't remember where I read that. I guess it was on a mailing list where
the OP had issues with either a DHCP or syslog server. It all came down to
the vmware host/switch which was not good enough for udp services. Could be
that this was on Vmware 4.x and got better on 5.x.

But as I said, I can't recall exactly where that was