Bind9 on VMWare

Daniel Stirnimann daniel.stirnimann at switch.ch
Wed Jan 13 14:15:54 UTC 2016

Hello Philippe

>> where did you read that?
>
> I don't remember where I read that. I guess it was on a mailing list where
> the OP had issues with either a DHCP or syslog server. It all came down to
> the vmware host/switch which was not good enough for udp services. Could be
> that this was on Vmware 4.x and got better on 5.x.
>
> But as I said, I can't recall exactly where that was

Maybe this was referred to some old linux kernel. As long as you run
something newish you should be fine. I remember that v2.6 was really bad
but after v3.0, v3.2 and so on it really improved dramatically. We
currently have v3.10 and I don't see any problems. However, we don't use
Vmware.

Daniel

--
SWITCH