Overriding a single record with dynamic-dns

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sat Jan 30 02:27:26 UTC 2016

On 01/22/2016 01:03 AM, gnafou wrote:
> but, indeed i do need some of the dynamic dns data in the external view
> and yes, the mx is it the apex ..

How dynamic?  Are we talking DHCP for a LAN w/ AD joined clients?  Or
are we talking occasional updates for an external IP of a cable modem?

> Your answer makes me wonder  if i should be playing with cname aliases
> and build a separate 'static' zone with two views

As others pointed out, I don't think CNAMEs will work well.

Does your MX record(s) need to point to a different name(s)?  Or could
you use one name and then just change where the name resolves to
internally vs externally?

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die