non-BDB support for DLZ in Bind9?

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Sat Mar 26 00:03:23 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 11:59:41PM +0000, Evan Hunt wrote:
> (The name "Dynamically Loadable Zones" is, in retrospect, unfortunate.  Now
> that it's possible to load DLZ modules at runtime with dlopen(), that means
> you can have dynamically loadable Dynamically Loadable Zones zones. Sorry
> about that.)

(And I didn't even remember to mention the fact that some DLZ modules now
support DNS UPDATE, which means you can have *dynamic* dynamically loadable
Dynamically Loadable Zones zones. It's a good thing we work on name
servers here at ISC because we're *excellent* at naming things.)

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.