Multiple IPs Associated With A Single Name

John Miller johnmill at brandeis.edu
Fri Sep 30 17:46:41 UTC 2016

On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 1:15 PM, Tim Daneliuk <tundra at tundraware.com> wrote:
> On 09/30/2016 11:17 AM, Hrant Dadivanyan wrote:
>> Won't port redirection work better then ?

> get sudo for even limited access to things on their sandboxes.  So, we're
> trying to figure out a way to work around the corporate slowness while
> still living entirely in userland - this lowers the audit risk a lot.

Hi Tim,

Can you spin up virtual machines on your desktops?  It seems like your
situation just screams for tools like Vagrant and Docker, or your own
AWS/Azure/Google environment.  Yours isn't really a DNS problem, per
se, but instead to have a proper development environment.  These days,
it's relatively easy to stand up an entire network within VMware
Workstation, VirtualBox, etc., or even your own local KVM instances.

John