DNS traffic accounting

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Sun Jul 23 14:19:42 UTC 2017

On 23.07.17 16:53, Abi Askushi wrote:
>Because i would like to avoid counting traffic for cached responses. But
>this is an option also if all other are not easy.

will you avoid billing user's traffic just because it was cached?  it's you
who cached it, not the user, you should benefit from that, not them.
(only by reducing costs and resulting lower prices)

this way your clients can pay less money for more traffic just because it
was in the cache already...

and you even spend your time and money to bill them less.

not mentioning that DNS is rarely relevant when counting network traffic.

Christian Science Programming: "Let God Debug It!".