reverse dns configuration for IPV4, IPV6+ dns+ mail ?

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Mon Jun 19 08:42:44 UTC 2017

On 19.06.17 09:51, Pierre Couderc wrote:
>Thnk you, but your way of shortening the story ignores the IPV6.

Yes, because the IPv6 is separate from IPv4 here. IPv6 is not a problem:
two different IPv6 addresses, two different AAAA records, one PTR for
"mail", and one PTR for "ns".

>If I do what you say reverse IP for DNS will point on mail.xxx.com
>and not on ns.xxx.com.

I have asked you twice:

WHO TOLD YOU THIS IS A PROBLEM? IT IS NOT!

There are only a few services on the net who currently use reverse DNS
records. SMTP is the most important. DNS servers do not check that.

BSE = Mad Cow Desease ... BSA = Mad Software Producents Desease