How to generate authoritative DNS64 reverse zone

Alberto Colosi alcol at hotmail.com
Fri May 19 21:52:54 UTC 2017

Hi, is hard an ISP give to you a reverse lookup zone

first of all , is needed you to "own" all zone (ipv4 , all C class) for example.

as second thing, is really hard to move definitions on TLD like ripe , arin, apnic or others ....

is more possible ISP give to you (if first line is true)  controll of reverse zone and ISP transfer from you reverse zone definitions without involving ripe/arin/apnic/...

I spoke as I was in the need with an ipv4 reverse zone and ISP only accepted on that way.

if you don't "own" entire zone , is no way to have this from your ISP.

Remember ipv6 or ipv4 reverse zones are queried only if right referenced on ripe/arin/apnic/... or your ISP transfer from you the ipv6 zone.

repeating if you not "own" entire zone , ISP never will accept to move to you or to transfer from you the zone as other IP don't belong to you