DNS forwarding

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Mon May 22 22:49:57 UTC 2017

On 05/22/2017 01:36 PM, Elias Pereira wrote:
> I was provisioning the AD in the wrong way. As we have our main DNS and
> it is authoritative for our domain "example.com" I
> needed to create a subdomain "sandom.example.com"
> so that AD DNS would be authoritative only
> for "samdom".

You don't have to have AD be a sub-domain.  You can delegate the
_msdcs.example.com sub-domain instead of samdom.example.com.  This will
make AD appear as if it is example.com.

Note:  The merits / pros / cons of this are subject to debate.  -  I'm
just advocating that you define what you want your infrastructure to be,
not the other way around.

> Now everything is working properly.

I'm glad that you got it working.

> Thank you all!!!