Different forwarder for certain response ip (result ip )

/dev/rob0 rob0 at gmx.co.uk
Sat Sep 16 15:04:36 UTC 2017

On Sat, Sep 16, 2017 at 10:50:14AM +0000, Alberto Colosi wrote:
> even on hotel ......... why not to use a BIND on unix or window
> on ur box u r using ?
>
> it is so easy

Ugh, this is a mailing list, please use real words and not TXT
messaging / chat abbreviations.  Thank you.

No, it is not easy in many captive portals.  I use a laptop for
everything, and I tried it.  Sometimes you MUST be using that
portal's nameserver to "authenticate" or to be approved as a user.
BIND logs will be flooded with gazillions of "lame server" messages,
as every iterative query is answered with a non-authoritative reply.

Of course it depends where you go, but for me, sometimes I find
myself stuck behind portals like the OP found, which redirect all
queries to broken nameservers.

That said, for people with "normal" Internet providers, yes, it's
very easy to run your own caching resolver.
--
  http://rob0.nodns4.us/