SRV record not working

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Sat Aug 18 17:42:20 UTC 2018

On 08/18/2018 07:25 AM, Bob McDonald wrote:
> I don't think anyone hates nslookup (well maybe a few do <grin>) I
> suppose the immense dislike stems from the fact that it's the default
> utility under Windows. Folks who use dig as their default realize that
> when used properly, dig provides much more functionality than nslookup.
> For example, try using TSIG with nslookup or getting a NSID response.
> These are only a couple of examples. There's other reasons to change.
> The output from dig is much more comprehensive. And, yes, if you install
> the bind tools from ISC under Windows, dig works quite well.

I've been told that nslookup will lie and provide incorrect information
in some situations.  I have no idea what situations that is.  I would
love to learn what they are.

If you know of such an example, please enlighten me.

As such, I tend to use nslookup on platforms without dig when or until I
have reason to not do so.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die