how two dns bind master sync?

Zhengyu Pan zhengyupann at 163.com
Wed Aug 22 12:37:53 UTC 2018

Thank you for your reply.  How to switch slave to master in real time?  Does bind have command?

On 8/22/2018 18:32,Reindl Harald<h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

Am 22.08.2018 um 12:17 schrieb Zhengyu Pan:
Because I need to a master as a cold standby.  Another master need to
have the same zone  and configuration with the former.   When a master
is down, I need to switch to another master right away.

you can make any slave at any point of time to a new master

typically you have *one* master and one slave which is confirured as
fallback-master on any other slaves - so in case you primary master
fails you change that one to a master with the data it already has just
make your changes on that slave which now became the master

when you restore the old master you just configure it as slave like
before and both just switching roles

there is no reason to maintain two masters

On 8/22/2018 16:39,Reindl Harald<h.reindl at thelounge.net>