Introductory DNS Books

John Miller johnmill at brandeis.edu
Wed Aug 29 10:05:42 UTC 2018

Hi folks,

I have a couple of colleagues who are looking to learn more about DNS.
The 5th edition of Paul & Cricket's book used to be my go-to
reference, but it's more than 10 years out of date at this point, and
doesn't cover a lot of the new features of BIND.  Nor does it cover
alternatives to BIND, like PowerDNS, NSD, MS DNS, etc.  Jan-Piet Mens'
book did this, but again, it's pretty dated at this point.

Does anyone know of a good intro-level book that explains how DNS
works and gives an current overview of the different DNS servers out
there?

John
--
John Miller