Minimum TTL?

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Fri Feb 9 22:13:35 UTC 2018

On 02/09/2018 09:37 AM, Barry Margolin wrote:
> As long as you understand the implications of what you're doing?

I don't think my level of understanding has any impact of my ability to
override what the zone publisher sets the desired TTL (or any value) to be.

I have the right to run my network the way that I want to, even in my
ignorance or while shooting myself in the foot.

> The zone owner may be using short TTLs to implement load balancing and/or
> quick failover. If you extend the TTLs, your users may experience poor
> performance when they try to go to these sites using out-of-date cache
> entries.

Again, by choosing to do something, as questionable as it may be, I am
also choosing the responsibility for the outcome, for better or for worse.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die