Minimum TTL?

Barry Margolin barmar at alum.mit.edu
Sat Feb 10 19:15:18 UTC 2018

In article <mailman.457.1518214391.749.bind-users at lists.isc.org>,
 Grant Taylor <gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net> wrote:

> On 02/09/2018 09:37 AM, Barry Margolin wrote:
> > As long as you understand the implications of what you're doing?
>
> I don't think my level of understanding has any impact of my ability to
> override what the zone publisher sets the desired TTL (or any value) to be.
>
> I have the right to run my network the way that I want to, even in my
> ignorance or while shooting myself in the foot.

Just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean it's a
reasonable thing to do.

And if you're offering a service, you have responsibilities to your
customers in addition to rights. They likely have expectations of the
quality of your service. Sure, you have the right to disappoint them,
but do you really want to do that intentionally if you have alternatives?

--
Barry Margolin
Arlington, MA