DNS not resolving on google, but is on other services

LuKreme kremels at kreme.com
Fri Feb 16 23:23:08 UTC 2018

I have a domain that I host for a friend that he is not able to access suddenly. We thought it was SSL related, but after gettting more information his work computers are not getting an IP address (he can access it from home).  I checked quadnines, openDNS, and google dns. The first two responded with the right IP and google timed out.

OpenDNS 208.67.222.222 and 9.9.9.9 both respond:
;; ANSWER SECTION:
www.david-dodge.com.    86400   IN      CNAME   www.covisp.net.
www.covisp.net.         86400   IN      A       65.121.55.45

But googles 8.8.8.8 doesn't:

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;www.david-dodge.com.           IN      A

;; Query time: 5003 msec
;; SERVER: 8.8.8.8#53(8.8.8.8)
;; WHEN: Fri Feb 16 15:27:10 MST 2018
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 48

Is google just b0rked? (Seems unlikely) or is there something in the configuration for the dns that they don't like?

--
ADVANCE TO THE REAR!

--
My main job is trying to come up with new and innovative and effective ways to reject even more mail. I'm up to about 97% now.