DNS not resolving on google, but is on other services

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Sat Feb 17 09:48:25 UTC 2018

On 16 Feb 2018, at 23:23, LuKreme wrote:

> Is google just b0rked? (Seems unlikely) or is there something in the configuration for the dns that they don't like?

In my not-very-extensive experience, Google's 8.8.8.8 service seems to have limited tolerance of badly-behaving authority servers; in such a case, it seems to give up early and report SERVFAIL.

As it happens, there seem to be problems with the set of authority servers involved.

You'll find more information at https://zonemaster.fr/test/932ded6946bfebb4 .

Best regards,
Niall O'Reilly