DNS not resolving on google, but is on other services

@lbutlr kremels at kreme.com
Sun Feb 18 00:20:05 UTC 2018

On 2018-02-17 (02:48 MST), Niall O'Reilly <niall.oreilly at ucd.ie> wrote:

> In my not-very-extensive experience, Google's 8.8.8.8 service seems to have limited tolerance of badly-behaving authority servers; in such a case, it seems to give up early and report SERVFAIL.
>
> As it happens, there seem to be problems with the set of authority servers involved.
>
> You'll find more information at https://zonemaster.fr/test/932ded6946bfebb4 .

Thank you for that, I got the missing server up and running and it all checks out now (Well, other than my servers are in the same IP block, which I cannot do anything about).

I've never heard of zonemaster.fr before, so I've added it to my bookmarks.

--
"His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork." - Mae West